0

Awesome natural remedy for the ladies' monthly
 
It's that time of the month for me again. I'm one of the fortunate ones who don't feel under the weather for some, no menstrual cramps (dysmenorrhea) or even excessive bleeding that makes trips to the loo obviously more frequent than usual. Who wants that, right? I do know a couple of women, like my sister, who can't even get up from bed when her period starts and resorts to pain killers just to get through the day. I am not that big on pharmaceutical drugs for the mere fact that the harmful side effects written on the package inserts are too risky for comfort. For almost a decade now, my family and I have survived solely on natural remedies and we've been doing great. This being the case, I was dead set on looking for an alternative to help ease my sister's pain whenever she does get her period, those pain killers that were totally frying up her liver just won't do. During my almost 2-year stay in Africa, I remember mentioning my sister's condition to my mom's best friend who had the same problem, only she got rid of hers by drinking parsley tea. It was the first time I've heard of it, so I researched on the herb that was more popular to me as a garnish than an herbal medicine.


True to my Tita E's words, there were a lot of women who found relief from discomfort during their menstrual period. Testimonies of women around the globe pushed me to try it on myself and see what happens. I don't know about you ladies, but I always want my period to end the minute it begins and before, drinking Coke was the solution. Instead of the usual seven days, I only had to endure it for a total of three. But after eliminating the drink completely from my diet as I have posted here on the blog, parsley took its place. By the way, if you're pregnant and not giving birth any time soon, I'd avoid the herb all together since it causes the uterus to contract and might cause a miscarriage. It also has been used to intensify contractions as a way to help labor. 

If you have stress related delays in menstruation or just want to regulate your period then try parsley. Just add it your dishes or steep the fresh/dried leaves and make tea, works for me. Dysmenorrhea fix? I don't have it, so I can't vouch for it on that. Just research on it and check out what women who use it for relief have to say, or try it out for yourself since it's just an natural herb anyway. Thanks to our Tita E for sharing this valuable tidbit on parsley!



https://plus.google.com/+AnneVallega/about

Post a Comment

Article published on February 25, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top