0

The practical rock star, classic Kitchie Nadal

We have to admit that the series of grand celebrity weddings has been making waves in the news for the past few months and people are dying to know everything, down to the smallest detail of each one. There was showbiz royalty Marian Rivera and Dingdong Dantes, Rock Star Yeng Constantino and Yan Asuncion, Heart Evangelista and Sen. Chiz Escudero, and Saab Magalona who tied the knot with her boyfriend Jim Bacarro. With such opulent events being paraded left and right, a bride's choice of a P799 ready-to-wear gown for her own wedding took everyone by surprise. Did you guys even know that Kitchie Nadal was getting married? Well, I didn't. 


(Photo credits to @mangored_studios)

Why am I writing about Kitchie Nadal's wedding? Other than the obvious, me being a big fan, it's because of her practical choices when it came to her wedding that really fits my blog's concept perfectly. Hello? Stretch Your Peso? Duh?! But don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against grand weddings. If that's your thing and you have money to spend then why not, right? There is nothing wrong with that. To each his own.

Now back to the wedding, according to one of the bride's closest friends, Nina Sandejas, Kitchie told her that she got her gown at a boutique in one of the malls in Makati for only P799. Nina even quoted Kitchie saying "It was my first try and it fit me perfectly." Who wouldn't be floored? I'm totally floored. But can you believe what just happened? A showbiz personality, a rock star at that, sported a P799 ready-to-wear gown on her wedding day. Now that is what you call making a statement.




(Photo credits to @mangored_studios)

Just look at the happy couple during their intimate autumn-themed Christian wedding ceremony. The singer-song writer known for her song "Huwag Na Huwag Mong Sasabihin" which put her on the map, married Carlos Lopez, her Spanish boyfriend for over 4 years in Hacienda Isabella, Tagaytay City last February 26. It was followed by a private celebration in Cebu, where they first met. The post-wedding celebration was held at Alta Vista, Padro, Cebu with the couple's close family and friends. It was an actual DIY party where even the groom was involved in the decorations for his own wedding reception set up. How cool is that?
Now I'm really wondering about having my own wedding ceremony with some of the trimmings, Kitchie Nadal style haha. I can definitely handle 20 people on the guest list, a DIY reception, a huge cake (we'll take most of it home and give it away), maybe a bit of make up and a P799 just off the rack wedding gown. But leave my mom cave for more than 6 hours? That is definitely the biggest thing that is holding me back. What? I love my mom cave.

How about you? Would you consider getting hitched Kitchie Nadal style? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Reference:
http://rosarioko.ninasandejas.com/2015/03/02/kitchie-nadal-carlos-lopez-wedding-party/
http://instagram.com/mangored_studios 

https://plus.google.com/117449282143565515349/about If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Post a Comment

Article published on March 5, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top