Quick Fix

I'm a homemaker and I love cooking in our kitchen. I'm admittedly not as good as my husband but he can attest to the fact that I do know how to saute, roast, grill, sous vide and poach. When you're a mom of four, it can be quite a juggling act to get through the days' tasks, and accidents can sometimes happen when things get crazy, most of the time, in my case, it happens in the kitchen. Yes, I've had my fair share of occasional ruined dishes and burnt pots which can be a nightmare. I can whip something up fast to replace the dish that went south, but the clean up wasn't something I was looking forward to. But then who would, right? Burnt cookware, even though ours are made of stainless steel is a pain to clean. It's a good thing that Dave found a chemical free solution to this dilemna that really works. 

Here's what you'll need:

Distilled white vinegar
Baking Soda
Water


All you will need to do is fill the scorched pot/pan with distilled vinegar, baking soda and water just enough to reach all burnt areas. I'm not sure how much though, I just eyeball it. It's usually along the lines of half a cup of vinegar with the same amount of water for a medium stockpot plus 2 tablespoons of baking soda. Mix it of course, I just swish em around. Let it soak for as long as you can, I leave it overnight just to be on the safe side. Then the next day I get a steel wool or even just a scouring pad and gently scrub the pot clean. You'll see that those nasty burn marks will come off quite easily. Try it out yourself!


https://plus.google.com/+AnneVallega/about

Article published on April 3, 2016

 
Top