Hooked on planners!

I have been fascinated with planners for months but I never really got to own one until fairly recently and now I'm close to having 4 of them haha. It wasn't until after I saw an ad for one of my most coveted picks when it came to planners that I finally manage to snatch one up due to no small part that it was at an unbelievably affordable price compared to what it really should cost. Naturally, I couldn't pass up such a bargain for a usually expensive purchase. I've been browsing through a lot of different IG shops and independent online sellers for planners and I was really heartbroken when it came to the hefty price tags. I was in the process of resigning to the inevitable that I wouldn't be joining our growing local planner community any time soon. That was until I stumbled upon Project X Planner, story here.

There are a lot of planners to choose from and I'm not that well versed with all of them yet, being a newbie. So far, I know about:

  • kikki.K
  • Filofax
  • Webster's Pages
  • Traveler's Notebook
    • Midori - Japan
    • Fauxdori - Midori Inspired
  • Kate Spade Planners
  • Love Doki
  • Happy Planner
  • Heidi Swapp Memory Planner
And that's basically all I know. Excuse the amateur please haha. There's also the question of getting a binder or go ringless. I couldn't decide and actually got both kinds to see which I'll prefer in the end. So far, I have a small Lilac and Gold kikki.K time planner (my first ever!), a Planners and Journals Scarlet Red passport size DailyDori and a Gold standard size DailyDori, plus I'm waiting for a Webster's Pages Color Crush Teal and White Striped Planner (I've been crushing on this particular one for weeks now, got it for a bargain as well) to be delivered through Xend this week.







Now that I've officially blown most of my planner budget for 2 months, which I earned from blogging, I am definitely going to hold myself back and start saving up for the accessories and other planner goodies. You wouldn't believe how many there are and how expensive some might be. I am not planning to spend a lot, so no impulsive purchases for regular priced items for me. Waiting for sales and promos or even for people destashing is definitely in the cards, buying preloved but still in good condition items is also high on my list. The Gold Dailydori and even the Color Crush planner were both pre-owned but not really used, so they're still good. Here's the planner goodies list I've come up with, just the basics I've seen being used by planner experts:


  • Planner Stickers
  • Stamps
    • Rubber Stamps
    • Clear Stamps
  • Acrylic Blocks
  • Ink Pads
  • Washi Tapes
    • Slim Washis
    • Regular Washis
  • Journal Cards
  • Paper Clips
  • Planner Accessories
    • Pockets
    • Kraft Pockets
    • Card Slots
    • Zip Pouch
    • Fabric/Cloth Pockets
    • Plain Dividers
    • Envelope Dividers
  • Post Its
  • Planner Inserts
  • Planner Charms
  • Pens
Of all of these, the planner inserts are at the top of my list of things to buy, by far. Since, I did start late, inserts for the coming year is a must for sure. Custom ones definitely, and I think I just found the Instagram shop that does just that at a lower price than the usual. Another article on that perhaps since we're still in the process of choosing layouts and sizes for me. Then there are the pockets, card holders and zip pouch for turning your planner into a wallet as well, which is kinda useful right?

But don't even think that planners are just for decorating or posting photos on Instagram, remember that its main purpose is to keep one organized. I for one am already reaping the rewards of jotting everything down on both my kikki.K and passport Dailydori. I don't worry about forgetting things anymore, I can just check one of my planners and it's there, written in my pretty handwriting haha. I am set on using 4 planners at the same time, one solely for keeping track of my cash flow and as a wallet, one for the blog, a personal one to decorate and a backup one to list down everything from the other 3, just in case.

Yes, there are smartphone/tab apps for that, but what if your phone died or something? Everything goes down with it right, so for me it's better to have a hard copy, wouldn't you agree? And it's more fun to be writing again. Call me old school, but it really is! You should try it out yourself. It's not just for the ladies, it's also for the men to keep them on track with their busy schedules. We can all benefit from owning a planner in my opinion! :)



https://plus.google.com/117449282143565515349/about

Article published on October 2, 2015

 
Top