I work from home. I just wanted to share with you guys some of the perks of being able to have a career without leaving the comfort of your own abode.

  1. Serenity In The Morning
    No more waking up at least 3 hours before you need to be at the office so you can just grab a quick bite, shower, dress up like you're being chased by a pack of wolves just to have enough leeway to get to work. I am admittedly not a morning person, you wouldn't want me in your work place at 7am. Trust me on this, it's that bad. Me, working from home is the best for both me and you guys haha.
  2. Save On Travel Time and Gas/Transport Money
    You don't need to leave the house in order to work. Your office can be a few steps away from your own bed depending on how and where you set up your very own home work space. Time is something you can't get back and I really think that spending 2 hours just to get to the office (Manila traffic) and another 2 hours to get home is a waste of precious time.
  3. Save On Your Wardrobe
    No need to invest a lot of money on office clothes appropriate for traditional work places. This means more closet space for the dresses, tops and jeans that I really love or I could just use the money for the kids' wardrobe instead, which is what actually happens in reality.
  4. You Call The Shots
    You get to sleep in. You work on your own time, and take breaks when you want to. If you're juggling through household chores and projects like I do on a daily basis, no one's going to bat an eye if you choose to do your job and nurse your baby at the same time, which is the usual scenario for me. I'm able to feed my daughter and still get to do my write ups without any fuzz.
  5. You Get To Work In Your Pajamas
    This is one of my personal favorites. I wake up, clean myself up a bit and go straight to work in the clothes that I slept in the night before. Conveniently sweet!

  6. More Family Time
    Since you don't have to leave home you get to spend more time with your family and focus on what really matters. One of them is building solid relationships with your spouse and kids. To kids, time is love. You can't really build a deep relationship with your kids or anyone for that matter if you don't spend time with them. Working from home can give you that time.
  7. Family Tailored Schedule
    There are some online jobs, like mine, where I can choose to accept or in some cases even reject a project if it screws up my family's schedule. My husband and kids come first, so the freedom to create time slots for when I want to work is truly irreplaceable in my book.
  8. Opportunity To Earn More
    When you work the traditional 9-5 job, what you make every month, for the most part, is pretty standard. The potential of earning more with the work from home status is one of the reasons why more and more people are joining in on it. With the flexible schedule of working from home, you can do multiple jobs at the same time. It's just a case of organization, time management and choosing the right jobs you can take on at once and still deliver quality service for each of them.
  9. Healthier You
    Eating home cooked meals, taking breaks when needed and spending more time with family means less to no stress which promotes a healthy work-life-balance. Just make sure to sneak in some much-needed body exercise from time to time.
  10. You Get to Pursue Your Own Passion
    Like in my line of work as a writer, I get to do what I love without any added pressure or stress. The kind you get when you work for companies and you have to meet deadlines with everything else going on. I have the freedom to be creative and only take writing jobs that I am passionate about. I also do some digital graphics designing on the side, which is a good outlet for my love of art.
Wow, I didn't realize how great working from home is before doing this write up. No wonder more and more people are joining the bandwagon.


https://plus.google.com/+AnneVallega/about

Article published on April 11, 2015

 
Top