0


Do you have a picky eater at home? I have two, so it's up to me to be creative and make breakfast, which is the most important meal of the day, tasty and kid friendly. I've gone through lots of omelets and cheese sandwiches back in my day and I know they're both crowd pleasers, so why not combine the two?

Here's my simple omelet loaded with cheese recipe that you can try out. Both Miss Artsy and the Little Hulk love it, so does Mrs. D and me.

Super Cheesy Egg Omelet by Mrs. D

4 Large Eggs
2 Cups of Grated Cheese (I used Gruyere)
Italian Basil
Turmeric Powder
Celery Seed Powder
Freshly Cracked Pepper
Oil


Heat up your pan to a medium high heat and add oil. Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl together, just make sure they are well incorporated. When your pan is ready, pour the mixture and cook for around 10 minutes before turning the heat down low. 


Use a rubber spatula and try to lift the omelet around the sides then shake your pan. If the omelet slides easily this means it's time to turn it over, if it's still sticking to the pan then just cook it some more. After flipping, leave it for another 3-5 minutes or until the it's as done as you prefer. I like mine a bit brown, but the kids want to keep the bright yellow color and I always give in.



It can be served as it is, eaten with rice, or my personal favorite, be made into an omelet sandwich with pandesal and warm raw Cacao drink.

You don't have to go out to have a decent meal because there are quick recipes like this one that are perfect for the busy bodies. Cooking at home is healthier and will save you a lot of money, definitely stretching your peso! ;)
https://plus.google.com/117449282143565515349/about If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Post a Comment

Article published on July 26, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top