5

Leche Flan, for me, is one of the best desserts of all time. I can never get enough of it. It's the first thing I look for in a restaurant and buffet tables in parties or local town fiestas. It has been in dessert menus of most restaurants because it is relatively easy to whip up yet tastes delicious. I remember my grandmother making it and even my mom, they were rich, creamy and just straight up heavenly. They'd cook a whole big batch and the whole dining table and kitchen counter tops would be covered in llaneras of flans waiting to be plated or shared with the next door neighbors. In my case, baking has always been a challenge since I loathe math and measuring anything, rendering the art of baking flans beyond me.



Visiting a close cousin of mine a few months back introduced me to Kuriiing's Homemade Desserts' Leche Flan (and Coffee Jelly that tastes great too, but let's focus on the flans for now) that they had just ordered online. It was rich, creamy and tasted so good! It wasn't sickly sweet like other flans I have tasted, and there were lots of them, that you would need to wash it down with a couple of glasses of water or worse brush your teeth immediately after consuming. To top it all off, the flan wasn't really heavy, I could finish three full llaneras in one sitting and I'd still ask for seconds, but that's just me. Before leaving, I made sure I got the baker's online site, which is Kuriiing's Homemade Desserts FB Page. I was planning to order after a couple of days, but things happened, like our grandfather's death which made indulging in tasty desserts not that much of a priority. Then I began blogging, which really left little time to think about anything else.

2 weeks ago while scrolling down my Facebook news feeds, I came across one of Kuriiing's post about new flavored flans. I called my cousin about it and she told me that she hasn't tried them either, so we decided to order after a couple of days which I totally forgot about by the way! Until my cousin who just signed up for Instagram (for shopping purposes) called me up and told me to check my IG right away. When I logged in, I saw her post of 3 boxes of different flavored flans with the caption of "Pick Me Up" addressed to me. 



I was rather slow on the uptake, which kind of frustrated my cousin who went to the trouble of trying to surprise me with flans! Sorry Couz, my brain isn't functioning that well, blame it on lack of sleep! When I finally managed to fully grasp the fact that I had 3 flans waiting for me, just a couple of blocks away, I was so ecstatic I went crazy! I don't quite remember what exactly I blurted out, many thank you's and a lot more words got jumbled in, in rapid succession mind you, but I think she understood. After ending the phone call, I asked Mr. D to pick up the yummy goodies that I couldn't wait to sink my fork into.




The Chocolate Flan was divine, the flavor really came out. It's chocolate! Enough said.
The Little Hulk's personal favorite.


The Cream Cheese Flan was so light and tasty. I ate most of it haha!

The Special Leche Flan lives up to its name. It is indeed special.
Mr. D used it as a spread and made gourmet "Bavarian filled like" pandesal for mirienda which we all enjoyed very much. Miss Artsy had a lot of that.



They were all light, creamy, not overly sweet and absolutely scrumptious, they left us wanting more. It was just like the first time I tried their flan, these new flavors didn't disappoint, and even exceeded expectations. They didn't last long after being plated and served, definitely purchasing some for us, next time!

Who would pass up a chance to enjoy delicious yet affordable flans especially when, like me, baking is not part of your repertoire? Not me. Pinoy flan enthusiasts, kids and adults alike, should definitely give Kuriiing's Homemade Desserts a shot!

Facebook Page:

http://www.facebook.com/KuriiingsHomemadeDesserts/
Instagram Account:
http://instagram.com/kuriiings_homemade_desserts

Order yours now and indulge in their amazingly tasty dessert offerings while still stretching your peso!;)


https://plus.google.com/117449282143565515349/about If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Post a Comment

  1. Definitely a must try! Something you'll want to order again and indulge into. The flavor is just right and the best I've tried so far :) @kuriing's keep it up! Proud of your sweet creations ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing!! I taught ESoL classes to adults for some time and I loved when they brought in flan. I nominated you for The Liebster Award. Check out the post for more info http://twintestedpinapproved.wordpress.com/2014/07/30/the-liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy yum! New follower from the Mom Bloggers Club. Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nomination Lauren! I'll be joining you in nominating other blogs for The Liebster Award too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Order pa tayo! One of the best flans I've tasted!

    ReplyDelete

Article published on July 29, 2014

5 comments:

  1. Definitely a must try! Something you'll want to order again and indulge into. The flavor is just right and the best I've tried so far :) @kuriing's keep it up! Proud of your sweet creations ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing!! I taught ESoL classes to adults for some time and I loved when they brought in flan. I nominated you for The Liebster Award. Check out the post for more info http://twintestedpinapproved.wordpress.com/2014/07/30/the-liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy yum! New follower from the Mom Bloggers Club. Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nomination Lauren! I'll be joining you in nominating other blogs for The Liebster Award too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Order pa tayo! One of the best flans I've tasted!

    ReplyDelete

 
Top