Homeschool finds!

September is almost over and I just wanted to give you a recap of the awesome finds for our little (newbie) home school family. Other than the huge bargain on books that we got from the Books For Less warehouse sale last August, story here, we also were fortunate enough to score some great deals online from fellow home school parents. Check them out!




I saw an ad from a dad who was selling foot long wooden abacuses on our Preloved Buy & Sell for Homeschoolers Only group on Facebook. I've been searching for one for months, so I reserved one immediately by commenting on the said post. I ended up browsing through the seller's other items for sale, which included Mini Kendamas (I wrote about here) and a cute 29-piece Japanese magnet set. He had other items to offer but these three in particular caught my eyes right off the bat. I sent Daddy Allan a private message on Facebook, gave him my details plus a list of my orders. He gave me his bank details, I settled payment and received the items through LRC. Quick and smooth without having to leave the house, and I got the items at reasonable prices too.

The Mini Kendamas are quite fun, although hard to get a grasp on. Mr. D and Miss Artsy are faring way better than me on this, I am about to give up haha. It's an additional mini PE sport for our 5th grader. The magnets are a joy to have, all of my 3 kids love them. My eldest is in the process of trying to figure out the Japanese labels of each magnet and translating them to English and Filipino. Our toddlers are having loads of fun scattering them around the house and letting there older sister find all the pieces and stick them back on the fridge haha. The abacus, I already downloaded the PDF on how to use it, we plan to do that next month. Hopefully we get to follow the schedule. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one. :)


Now moving on to these pre-loved but still in good condition books, which I got from the same Facebook group but from a different home school parent. A fellow mom who was destashing since her kids were too old for these specific books, so she decided to sell them online for a bit of uncluttering. I sent Mommy Gladice, this time, a private message to give her my details and list of orders. She gave me her bank details and once I sent her the proof of payment, which was a screenshot of the successful BPI fund transfer from our tablet app, she shipped the items right away. I got 9 books total plus a freebie for my toddlers haha.

  1. The Box Car Children #3: The Yellow House Mystery by Gertrude Chandler Warner
  2. Magic Tree House  #1: Dinosaurs Before Dark by Mary Pope Osborne
  3. Magic Tree House #2: The Knight At Dawn by Mary Hope Osborne
  4. Magic Tree House #3: Mummies In The Morning by Mary Hope Osborne
  5. Junie B. Jones and A Little Monkey Business by Barbara Park
  6. Junie B. Jones Smells Something Fishy by Barbara Park
  7. Junie B. Jones Has a Peep in Her Pocket by Barbara Park
  8. Junie B. Jones Is Captain Field Day by Barbara Park
  9. Junie B., First Grader: Shipwrecked
  10. Get Well Soon, Little Bear! by Else Holmelund Minarik (FREEBIE)
Miss Artsy was surprised when two different packages arrived for them since I never told her about these purchases at all haha. She finished reading all nine books in just 3 days. I am very satisfied and happy with my purchases, getting them cheap didn't hurt at all. Definitely stretched my peso for sure!


https://plus.google.com/117449282143565515349/about

Article published on September 25, 2015

 
Top