0

For most people, cakes and gifts come in mind when it comes to their birthdays, but for me for some bizarre reason, after thanking God for another year, it's checking if I need to renew my driver's license. Maybe it's because I don't want to go through the whole ordeal of applying for a new one instead of just having my old one renewed or I'm just paranoid that way, as some of my friends would say.

On the day of my birthday, I had a mission, to renew my driver's license the fastest way possible. Read a lot online, went as far as checking all blog entries about it and going to the LTO website just to make sure I knew everything I needed to know before heading off. As it happens, for those who don't know yet, there are one stop shops provided by the LTO for driver's license renewals ONLY. Yes, we don't have to go to their main offices anymore, unless you have other concerns with LTO. You can check out the full list of DLRC - Driver's License Renewal Centers on my previous article, LTO Driver's License Renewal Center Branches.


It only took me less than an hour to get my driver's license renewed at the mall branch I chose. Just make sure you have: 
  • Your old driver's license
  • TIN number
  • around Php800 on hand
I went straight to the Medical office just beside the Renewal Center for the drug test, where I was asked to fill out a form and pay Php200 for the medical test.

I presented the drug test result to the Renewal Center personnel and was given an application form to fill up, my TIN number was required, good thing I had it jotted down in my notes. I gave them back the completed application form, my old driver's license and payed Php520 for the license fee. Oh and I had to pay an extra Php100 for an address change request. Then I waited to be called for the dreaded pictorial, my government id pictures never come out right, I always look hideous haha! After getting my picture taken, I just had to wait again for my name to be called for claiming my renewed license.

It didn't take long to get my new license, now it would've been a different story if I went to one of LTO's main offices which would've taken hours at least. Going to a renewal center definitely stretched my peso! ;)

References:
https://plus.google.com/117449282143565515349/about If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Post a Comment

Article published on June 27, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top