0

This particular article featuring Wednesday's Bakery, I admit, has been long overdue. I just didn't want to seem biased with the review I was going to write considering the fact that I know the owner/baker on a personal level, since high school to be exact. After the recent party we had last month, where the said bakery took on the role as our cake and cupcake supplier, I realized that it is indeed high time I blogged about them after 7 wonderful parties we've had with their help.

Ms. Bing, the owner, is actually my older sister's classmate, and we were schoolmates until they graduated. Back then she was already passionate about baking and showed promising skills at her chosen craft. I remember my sister was one of her fans and would take home some of the baked goodies she purchased from Bing and wouldn't even share! I had to resort to sneakily getting a chocolate eclair from the fridge when she wasn't looking and would die before admitting that I devoured one when she realized some were missing from the box haha. Fast forward to more than a decade later, I was delighted to find out that Bing started her own bakery. It was a no-brainer for me that we'd be acquiring her services when desserts come to mind because I already knew firsthand that she had the gift for it.

Over the years whenever we had time and the funds to throw a party for our kids, may it be big or small, we always make it a point to have a cake or cupcakes (eclairs on the side for me) from Wednesday's Bakery by Ms. Bernadette "Bing" Carlos. Take a look at these:


This was back in 2013, for the 1st birthday of our son combined with their double dedication, our eldest's and his. We got 3 different flavors that were all to die for, I loved the peanut butter frosted ones the best haha. The guests kept complementing us about them. They were an absolute hit!


These were the cupcake giveaways at my mom's 60th birthday held at the Sulo Riviera Hotel in Diliman, Quezon City. I took home quite a few and was stuffing my face with cupcakes the next day. I think I even ate 4 of 'em for breakfast haha!


For our youngest daughter's 1st birthday in 2014, we got her a cute chocolate cake decked out in fondant and again 3 kinds of cupcakes for us and our guests to enjoy.


These were for our eldest's 10th birthday which we did at home in 2015, the red velvet cupcake with classic cream cheese frosting was a crowd favorite. The chocolate cupcake with chocolate ganache frosting on the otherhand is a party staple for our family because we're certified chocoholics!


Here's last year for Miss Artsy's 11th birthday and the ones below for the Little Hulk's own natal day which we both had parties at home. We got pure chocolate cuppies for both occasions and enjoyed every moist and luscious bits of them!


Now these are the Camping theme-inspired cakes and cupcakes I requested Ms. Bing to make for our youngest son's 1st and Little Miss Banshee's 3rd birthdays last December. I love how the chocolate cupcake with torched marshmallow frosting turned out. Both the cakes and cupcakes blended in well with the overall look of the party and tasted sublime. Hats off to Bing for granting our special request, she indeed delivered on all accounts!





Our family, obviously, is one of her "sukis" and we just keep coming back. Why? Well, mainly because her desserts and pastries are pretty damn good, not overly sweet and are packed with flavor. The V family is always looking forward to more celebrations with Wednesday's! It just wouldn't be the same without Bing's creations, that's for sure!

Wednesday's caters to weddings, birthdays, christenings, bridal showers, baby showers, graduations, anniversaries, office parties, christmas parties, proms, private parties, fundraisers, store openings and more! Book them for your event today!

Check them out on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WednesdaysBakery/
Or shoot them an email: bing.carlos@yahoo.com


https://plus.google.com/+AnneVallega/about

Post a Comment

Article published on January 12, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top